TWD:Honey of a Peach Ice Cream

So, I am sure my one avid reader is asking himself, where has Janet been? A lame-o post 2 weeks ago about my inability to get charged up over baking. Nothing at all last week. I must admit, I have been active in the kitchen and I did make the French Apple Tart last week. In fact I made French Apple, Blueberry, and Cherry tarts. They were okay...just nothing to write home (or blog) about.

I think all the time about writing, but when it comes down to it, I enjoy reading. I love to look at the colorful pictures and to laugh at or scorn the writing of others, but I have found it very difficult to frame my words since grad school ended. I think I need a respite from writing. Instead, the craftsman, who has been smothered and silent inside me, has broken free and is roaming around my house just itching to sew, cook, bake, paint, and create in ways that have gone wayside over the past few years. I just don't really feel the urge to write about it. Maybe if I felt like I could truly contribute to the TWD crowd and fellow bakers out there. But, in reality, I am a novice just enjoying what others have to teach.

Maybe in a few months my fingers will yearn for the keyboard. Until then, I love my TWD time and hope that I can keep up.

As for the ice cream, I liked it. How could I make it better? Leave out the honey and peaches and drop some brownie or cookie dough into it. See what I mean? I just didn't get excited about this recipe. Maybe next week...

0 comments: