TWD: black and white inside out crumble cake...eh?


So, I have learned that I am at my most brilliant when I am baking and when I am in the shower. I come up with solutions that I've been seeking for days or weeks. My internal prose is musical and delightful in composition. I am able to express emotions elegantly and concisely. But, as soon as I put down the frosting wand or crank the shower knob to off, I lose it. All of it. And then my words revert back to bland and my thought-processes return to that old, tired box.

So, getting to the TWD cake. I don't know (yet) how good it tastes. I got it finished in the nick-of-time before I head out of the kitchen this Tuesday evening. It looks pretty good and I love when there are chocolate chips in the chocolate batter. I'm not sure about the marshmallow frosting (it's a little sickening-sweet to me), but I know Jim and kiddos will think it's swell (high praise during the Brady Bunch days of my childhood). I know I was sweating bullets wondering if the sugar syrup would get up to 142. I was happy that it did when the egg whites were ready. Whew!

I may get my photo up on here, but it's kind of lousy (as most of my shots are).

0 comments: