TWD Fresh Mango Bread

Is it still Tuesday? Today has been the loooooooongest Tuesday ever. So long that I thought sure I missed posting on time because certainly it must be at least Thursday by now. Nope. Still Tuesday. Perfect for talking about Dorie's fabuloso mango bread.

Now, I don't like mangoes. Or, at least that's what I thought until yesterday when I ate a few spare spoonfuls of mango. I went to Cuba on a mission trip when I was in college and we ate sliced mango all day long washed down with a pulpy, stringy, thick mango juice (more like smushed mangoes in a cup, I would say). Thinking back, I think the mangoes in Cuba must have been overly ripe because they had a different texture and taste than these delightful guys in my kitchen.

I read the TWD Q&A and followed some others by replacing the raisins with coconut because 1) we don't like raisins and 2) we love coconut. I am so happy with the results. I love this bread and think this should be one of those gifts that you send to a family with a new baby. What better way to celebrate? And, I love that it's better the next day, though Jim says he liked the crisp crust of the loaf fresh out of the oven. He's right. It had a nice sugar crust. Good call, Jim.

0 comments: